If you weren't able to join us for our recent YouTube LIVE! session on "Adapting CI Methods for Advanced Levels," don't fret.
The replay is now up on our channel, and it's a must-watch for anyone diving into the intricacies of teaching at an advanced level.
Why This Topic Matters
You've probably used comprehensible input (CI) techniques like TPR, storytelling, and simple conversation exercises in your beginner or intermediate classes.
But what happens when your students advance?
The challenges shift.
It's less about basic comprehension and vocabulary and more about making the leap from understanding to creating with the language.
That's where this session steps in.
- Differentiated CI Techniques: We delve into how you can modify your current CI strategies to engage advanced students effectively.
- The Skill Gap: How to help students make the transition from passive understanding to active, nuanced language use.
- Depth Over Breadth: Forget surface-level activities. We discussed strategies to help students dive deeper into linguistic features, such as idiomatic expressions and advanced grammar structures.
- Real-world Contexts: Incorporating authentic materials like newspapers and podcasts to up the challenge.
- Assessment Mechanics: The session covered innovative ways to assess the complex language skills of advanced students beyond the rudimentary multiple-choice tests.
How to Watch
Catch the replay on here YouTube link.
Trust us; you won't want to miss this engaging discussion.
Whether you're an experienced teacher or just starting in the advanced-level arena, there are insights for everyone.
If you found the session valuable, feel free to share the link with your colleagues and language-teaching friends.
And stay tuned for more exciting content from us.